- Journal Archives
- Volume 18
- Volume 17
- Volume 16
- Volume 15
- Volume 14
- Volume 13
- Volume 12
- Volume 11
- Volume 10
- Volume 9
- Volume 8
- Volume 7
- Volume 6
- Volume 5
- Volume 4
- Volume 3
- Volume 2
- Volume 1
Currently viewing the tag: "commercial"
On March 25, 2014 By Lorraine Baer March 25, 2014
The legal battle over the Beastie Boys’ 1987 song “Girls” had some law students wondering if it might be a fact pattern on their copyright final exam. Now, the band and toy company GoldieBlox have reached a settlement over a months-long infringement suit.
GoldieBlox’s stated mission is “to get [...]Continue Reading →
On February 4, 2011 By Carolina Blanco February 2, 2011
Nearly a year after Master Sergeant Jeffrey Sarver filed a federal lawsuit against the makers of the Academy Award-winning film The Hurt Locker, the filmmakers are fighting back. On February 1, 2011, the makers of Hurt Locker filed a motion to dismiss Sarver’s lawsuit. In his complaint, in addition to claims [...]Continue Reading →
Former Mean Girl, Lindsay Lohan filed a lawsuit on March 8 in New York’s Nassau County Supreme Court against E-Trade alleging that the milkaholic baby, Lindsay, in E-Trade’s Super Bowl commercial is actually a portrayal of herself. Lindsay is trying to milk E-Trade for 100 million dollars in damages and an [...]Continue Reading →
With just one week and over 250,000 sales under its belt, one would think that Verizon Wireless executives would be breaking out the bubbly to celebrate the successful release of its much-anticipated competitor to AT&T’s iPhone, the Android 2.0. But, alas, a lawsuit filed by AT&T in an Atlanta Federal Court earlier this [...]Continue Reading →
On November 24, 2009 By Michael Quinlan July 22, 2010
The NBA on TNT recently introduced a series of new commercials for the 2009-10 NBA season. The commercials star Rainn Wilson, famous for his role as Dwight Schrute on The Office, alongside NBA stars Gilbert Arenas, Deron Williams, Dwight Howard, and Derrick Rose. In the commercials, Arenas, Williams, Howard, and Rose, [...]Continue Reading →
In the news . . .
- Ukraine passes law banning possession of pornography.
- St. Louis Cardinals manager Tony La Russa drops lawsuit against Twitter.
- Lawsuit in the making? Fast food chains pushing envelope with sex-filled commercials.
- Yahoo and NFL Players Association settle over [...]Continue Reading →
Recent Blog Posts
- Centralizing Cybersecurity in the Digital Age
- Justice Department Deals a Blow to Songwriters
- If You Build It, They Will Come: Baseball and the Reopening of Cuba
- First Circuit Aligns With Third: Actavis Extends Beyond Cash Settlements
- Current Issues in Technology Law: Dr. Asma Vranaki Analyzes Data Privacy Regulation in the Context of Facebook Advertisements
- Vanderbilt Journal of Entertainment & Technology Law Rises in National Law Journal Rankings
Tagsadvertising antitrust Apple books career celebrities contracts copyright copyright infringement courts creative content criminal law entertainment Facebook FCC film/television financial First Amendment games Google government intellectual property internet JETLaw journalism lawsuits legislation media medicine Monday Morning JETLawg music NFL patents privacy progress publicity rights radio social networking sports Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) technology telecommunications trademarks Twitter U.S. Constitution