- Journal Archives
- Volume 16
- Volume 15
- Volume 14
- Volume 13
- Volume 12
- Volume 11
- Volume 10
- Volume 9
- Volume 8
- Volume 7
- Volume 6
- Volume 5
- Volume 4
- Volume 3
- Volume 2
- Volume 1
Currently viewing the tag: "Jim DeRogatis"
Fair and Balanced: Illinois Judge Rules Journalist will Not be Compelled to Testify in R. Kelly Case
On June 7, 2008 By JETLaw June 7, 2008
In a ruling affirming the rights and privileges of journalists, Cook County (Illinois) Criminal Judge Vincent Gaughan determined that music critic Jim DeRogatis was protected by the Fifth Amendment and, therefore, could not be compelled to testify in the R. Kelly child pornography case.
DeRogatis’ actions are largely responsible [...]Continue Reading →
Recent Blog Posts
- Bad Boys, Whatcha Gonna Do When the Police Cam Catches You?
- Government Settles in DEA Facebook Impersonation Controversy
- Nickelodeon’s Kids v. Google
- Ivanpah Solar Plant’s Firey Clash of Environmental Objectives
- The Silk Road: An Insight Into the Future of Internet Regulation?
- JETLaw Symposium on Intellectual Property Tomorrow
Tagsadvertising antitrust Apple books career celebrities contracts copyright copyright infringement courts creative content criminal law entertainment Facebook FCC film/television financial First Amendment games Google government intellectual property internet JETLaw journalism lawsuits legislation media medicine Monday Morning JETLawg music NFL patents privacy progress publicity rights radio social networking sports Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) technology telecommunications trademarks Twitter U.S. Constitution