- Journal Archives
- Volume 17
- Volume 16
- Volume 15
- Volume 14
- Volume 13
- Volume 12
- Volume 11
- Volume 10
- Volume 9
- Volume 8
- Volume 7
- Volume 6
- Volume 5
- Volume 4
- Volume 3
- Volume 2
- Volume 1
Currently viewing the tag: "Perez Hilton"
On June 29, 2009 By JETLaw January 29, 2014
A few days after Toronto’s June 21 MuchMusic Awards, celebrity blogger Perez Hilton filed a civil suit against Polo Molina, band manager of the Black Eyed Peas, for battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress. According to the complaint, Black Eyed Peas’ front-man will.i.am, unhappy [...]Continue Reading →
Because we don’t all have time for that morning newspaper…
– Despite active turnstiles in 2008, Six Flags declares Chapter 11 reorganization to shed $1.8 billion in debt.
– After cheeky encounter with the Today Show’s Ann Curry, actor Brad Pitt adds “no paws” clause to contract for future interviews.
– [...]Continue Reading →
On April 22, 2009 By Andrew Cunningham July 24, 2010
Although the Miss USA pageant may have dodged one lawsuit when temporary-winner of the 2007 Miss California USA contest withdrew her claim of racial discrimination after her crown was stripped because of an “accounting error,” this year’s nationwide pageant has erupted in more controversy. Runner-up in the competition, Carrie Prejean (Miss California), who many [...]Continue Reading →
On April 18, 2008 By JETLaw January 29, 2014
Perez Hilton (a.k.a. Mario Lavandeira), celebrity gossip and popular blogger, is no stranger to lawsuits. Already in 2008, he has successfully defended a libel suit, settled a misappropriation case brought by a paparazzi agency, and most recently, sued a fellow blogger for slander. However, it is his strategy outside the courtroom concerning [...]Continue Reading →
Recent Blog Posts
- Neiman Marcus Shoppers Suffer Financial Injuries! Possibly
- Facebook Gears up for Trademark Fight With Brazilian Competitor
- Draft Kings: A fantasy sports betting website valued close to $1 Billion
- Are Design Patents Really a Wise Investment Now?
- The Door Left Ajar: Navigating the Patent-Antitrust Paradox in Light of King Drug Co. v. GlaxoSmithKline
- Will Feds Preempt Tougher State Data Breach Laws?
Tagsadvertising antitrust Apple books career celebrities contracts copyright copyright infringement courts creative content criminal law entertainment Facebook FCC film/television financial First Amendment games Google government intellectual property internet JETLaw journalism lawsuits legislation media medicine Monday Morning JETLawg music NFL patents privacy progress publicity rights radio social networking sports Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) technology telecommunications trademarks Twitter U.S. Constitution